Flowers at Hill Garden, Victor Inman (1964) © Burgh House
by Eleanor Mulkeen-Parker
‘Flowers at Hill Garden’ (1964) is a photograph taken by Victor Inman that is now in the Burgh House collection. Hill Garden is a formal Arts and Crafts Garden located in Hampstead Heath.
Follow these simple steps to draw your very own version of Inman’s magical photograph!
You will need:
- Colouring materials e.g. crayons or felt tip pens
- Start by marking the out the outlines of the flower beds in pencil.
- Add further away details of the bushes.
- Outline the background trees, imagine them like fluffy clouds.
- Draw horizontal lines for the steps.
- Lightly mark out areas where you want to add different flowers.
- Start adding colour and experiment with different kinds of marks to give the impression of different flowers, e.g.:
- Finish colouring in the different sections.
- Optional: Outline with pen to make the details pop out.
We would love to see what you come up with! Tag us in your creations @burghhouse1704 and @eleanormcreates.
Text and images © Eleanor Mulkeen-Parker
New End Square